Friday, August 23, 2013

My (Entirely Legal) Graffiti


The other day, I told my boyfriend, Geoff, that I've always kind of wanted to do some graffiti but of course never have, since that would be illegal.  His response was that I would be welcome to put some on his car.  (As you will no doubt be astonished to hear, the car in question is not very valuable.)  

So today, this happened.

I printed out a stencil...

Then I traced it on to stiff plastic...

Cut it out with an exacto knife...


Scrubbed the car a little, since as you can see, it was a bit scruffy...


Attached my stencil and masked off the area to avoid making a mess...


Did a first and second coat...


And voila!


Not quite as crisp an image as I would have liked, but I'm still happy.


It just goes to show, with a little creativity and a lovely boyfriend, you can find a way to do things you thought you never could.

Yay, I tagged something! Very carefully and with the owner's permission!

;)






No comments:

Post a Comment