Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hamburg Part I

On the way to my hostel, I was greeted by a good omen: prayer flags fluttering a couple of stories up, strung completely across the street.

While checking out the Elbe, I found all sorts of pretty things. This one's for Geoff.

Some people peacefully sitting and watching the Elbe.


A tour bus, of all the boring things to take a picture of.  But this one was specially to me, because on my first day in Germany, I saw a tour bus from the city I still love.

Some views of the Fischmarket from a distance. 

As I walked through the city, I realized that it felt surprisingly familiar...in fact, that it reminded me specifically of Brooklyn. This is the building that first made me realize just what I was remembering. 
Ain't that the truth.








No comments:

Post a Comment